Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wybie Welder's Mask Step 1

Step 1 to making Wybie's Welders mask, is... Buy a Welder's Mask. Did some quick eBay searching and found an inexpensive mask that had ruffly the same look that I needed. It will undergo some modifications in shape. I think the tricky part is really getting the 90 teeth sprocket and the lenses. Oh not to mention the crank on the side to rotate the lenses. I traced the skull detail in AutoCAD so I can print it full scale and use it as a template for painting the mask. Updates as I go.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever get the Wybie mask make!? I am curious to know as I am trying to make one for my son for Halloween. I have been on the hunt for a good welder's mask to pull it off, but after that I have no idea what to use to finish it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. beststudwelders.com

    ReplyDelete