Friday, January 19, 2018

Life as a Courgette (Zucchini) REVIEW

I added My Life as a Zucchini to my Netflix and watched it last night. It was a good film. The puppets and sets are simple and makes it really feel like a kids world. The film itself, is a bit more too mature for younger audiences. My first impressions was this was a kids movie. It's not.
I am now surprised thinking back to when I saw it in the Family/kids Section at Target. I don't want to give the wrong impression, it's fairly tame, but there are some real adult topics and conversations that are not appropriate for younger views.
For instance, topics of sex, murder suicide, pedophilia, child neglect, abuse, etc. All that to say, I don't think it's for kids. Defiantly a movie I would recommend a parent watch first and then make a decision if they think it's OK for their kid to watch.
However, the movie was very moving and the story was fun and interesting to watch. I was involved in Zucchini's life and cared about the characters. It felt like real kids conversations and how they talk and interact. The animation was well done. It does make me curious about reading the original book Autobiographie d'une Courgette.

No comments:

Post a Comment