Friday, May 4, 2018

Wildwood Chronicles rights bought by LAIKA

LAIKA has purchased rights to (maybe) bring the world of Wildwood to the big screen . I recently came across an article announcing this, but a quick search shows that it's been in the works since 2011 (according to LAIKA's News blog). Reading a brief description I see that that the protagonist is a child, which makes me wonder if Wildwood is going to be released as Film Six, Seven & Eight, instead of Film Five. I say this as it was "promised" that Film Five was not going to have a child protagonist by Travis Knight. I believe he said it in a video somewhere too.

Another Article Announcing this project

Article Three - Oregon Confluence

Article Four - Portland Business Journal

Article Five - Oregonian

I am glad to hear that LAIKA is doing another book. It has promise of a good story.

Another rumored project of LAIKA's is Philip Reeve's Goblins. My first impressions on this possibility, is "didn't LAIKA already do this movie? It was called Boxtrolls..."Perhaps Film Five is Goblins...

No comments:

Post a Comment