Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Original Coraline Movie Puppets

I did a quick search on the website to see if they had anymore Coraline props. They had/have a few signed items, a pair of Nike Dunks ($400), and some more puppets. Included is another Other-Scotty dog, a Other-Jumping mouse and a second Taxidermy Scotty Dog Hamish VIII.

It is really neat, if nothing else, to see some close up photos of each of the puppets. I enjoy studying the details that the artists put into each puppet, hopefully to try to re-create it for myself. I'll have to go back to the film for reference on each of the Eighteen Taxidermy Angel Scotty Dogs.

Now, on the other-jumping mouse puppet, that is what I call a "custom base". I have seen this base a couple times for other jumping-mice props that have gone up for sale in the past. There was even a custom base made for the Coraline puppet too, if I am not mistaken. It would certainly add to the collectability to the Scotty Dogs if they too had a fancy base like the mice.

Photos from Profiles in History

2 comments:

  1. The fancy base for the mice was a crew gift, i worked on the film abs receieved one of the mice in a glass dome on the fancy base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fancy base for the mice was a crew gift, i worked on the film abs receieved one of the mice in a glass dome on the fancy base.

    ReplyDelete