Wednesday, April 1, 2015

BoxTrolls Little Review

I have to admit, I was not interested in seeing this movie. I avoided it all together after my disappointment with ParaNorman. That was then.

This is now. I eventually purchased the movie on Blu-Ray and watched it for the first time. I got to say that I really enjoyed it. It was much better than I thought it would be. I actually watched it twice in a row. It kind of starts off a little slow, but eventually picks up and moves at a good pace. The art, sets, and props in this movie are just gorgeous. Laika's 3D printing has come along way in developing their puppets since Coraline.

I enjoyed the movie enough to purchase the original book by Allen Snow, titled Here be Monsters. Wow, totally not the same story at all. These two mediums are too different animals all together. WARNING: SPOILERS. The things that are the same, include (but not limited to) Boxtrolls named Egg (not a human boy), Fish, Shoe, & Match. Snatcher is the villain who also plays Madame Frou-Frou. Cheese and its importance to the town. A character does explode at the end. Snatcher did ride a huge "monster" at the end that was designed to take over the town. Hmm, not sure what else... I did see a Boxtrolls movie adaptation novel, that is probably more like the book, but Here Be Monsters, is a story all on its own. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book too. It was fun and really cute. All new characters, more underlings that live under the town, and more craziness.

If you liked Coraline, & ParaNorman, you'd enjoy Boxtrolls (If you haven't seen it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment