Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Pirates! Band of Misfits" or "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!"

The Prop Store as a small selection of stop-motion movies on its list, and even fewer props from the movies. However, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists is a different story. They have a ton of puppets and props from the movie, its almost ridiculous (134 to be exact)! In a good way. Makes me wish I was a millionaire as I would totally buy it all. That is my new dream, become a millionaire, buy all the props I can from every stop-motion film I can (that is cool anyways) and create a museum of it all to display.

As far as the film goes. I loved it. I love Peter Lord's work on Wallace and Gromit, as well as his other works like Chicken Run, Creature Comforts, & Flushed Away (to name a few), and Band of Misfits didn't disappoint. The production team did a fantastic job at creating as many puppets they did, and the sets that where built are just gorgeous. You can see the attention to detail in all the props that are being offered by the Prop Store. I would say check them out, but I want them =)


No comments:

Post a Comment