Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Isle of Dogs Review & Promotional Items

I watched the Isle of Dogs this weekend and I got to say, that I really enjoyed it. I would send a word of caution, this isn't a "kids" movie. Would say, maybe 10 and up. There is the use of the "B" word, and explores the issue of cruelty to dogs, which animal lovers may find unsettling. I mention it only so one is prepared for it.

The sets were fun, even sometimes a bit "cartoony", but in this medium of film, it works perfectly. It's not about realism. The humor was well executed and smart. The puppets were great. The animation was fantastic. It was nice to see a stop-motion film rely on more practical in camera effects than CG when it comes to little things like smoke, or explosions.

Overall, it was a great movie, with a very moving and engaging story. I cared about all the characters and rooted for them to prevail. I would highly recommend this movie if it's playing near you.

PROMOTIONAL ITEMS
With my bad luck, I missed the opportunity to pick up any promotional items when they were available. You can find them now on eBay.

Set of action Figures of: Chief, Boss, Rex, Duke, King and Atari
Tote Bag
Lunchbox with bag
Bandana
PRO Dog headband (like ones in the film)
Calander
Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment